Integrity. Transparency. Excellence. Passion.
Marjorie J. Brown
MARJORIE BROWN is the founding attorney and current partner of Elder Law & Estate Planning Solutions of the Piedmont. She is the only Attorney in the Cabarrus County area certified as a Specialist in Elder Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Specialization. She is also Certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation. In addition to Elder Law, she provides Estate Planning, and Estate Administration for the residents of the Piedmont area of North Carolina.
There are many issues that we face as we and our family members face aging, potential illness, and death. There are many questions that you need answered to ensure that your family is cared for. There are also many issues which could potentially impair the ones you love that you do not know to ask about. Marjorie has the knowledge, skill, and compassion to listen to your concerns, answer those questions you have, and inform you of the issues you may not be aware of.
Marjorie advises clients on effective asset protection strategies and estate planning to provide the maximum benefit to all concerned. While utilizing asset protection strategies, she also aids clients in qualifying themselves or their loved ones for Medicaid. Marjorie also advises clients managing a multitude of concerns surrounding family members with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Marjorie's main objective with her clients is to make sure they leave with a peace of mind knowing that they and their loved ones will be taken care of both now and in the future.
She is a 1994 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law. She has practiced in the areas of non-profit law, mental health practitioners’ law, and as in-house counsel for a non-profit trade association, before entering her current field. She is married with two children and, as such, understands the need for having a concrete estate plan.
Professional affiliations include the North Carolina State Bar, the Cabarrus County Bar Association, and the North Carolina State Bar Association; as well as the National Elder Law Foundation, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the North Carolina Guardianship Association, and the American Bar Association. She is also a 2017 and 2019 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society.
Marjorie believes in the safety, protection, and quality of life of the elderly population she serves. She is serving in the following capacities in furtherance of these goals:
- Cabarrus County Task Force for the Prevention of Elder Abuse, serving on the task force since 2013 and is the current Chair;
- Coltrane LIFE Center, Inc, as a Board Member from 2014 - 2020 and is currently serving as an Ex-Officio Board Member;
- North Carolina Guardianship Association, Board Member since 2018
Marjorie believes that the voices of all people should be represented in a community. In furtherance of these goals, she is serving in the following capacities:
- Cabarrus County Chamber of Commerce, Board Member since 2017;
- Atrium Health Cabarrus Advisory Board since 2020
- Atrium Health Cabarrus Ethics Committee since 2015
Marjorie believes in the educating of our youth, and has served and is serving in the following capacities:
- Girl Scout Leader since 2003
- Cabarrus County Schools Budget Committee, 2013-2019
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified as a Specialist in Elder Law, North Carolina State Bar Board of Specialization
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA), National Elder Law Foundation
Current Employment Position
- Partner & Attorney
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- North Carolina, 1994